Re: Package for Gnome2::Vte ?

Hi,

Gaëtan Frenoy:
> May I kind ask you if adding the package "libgnome2-vte-perl" to
> Debian is an option

I'd rather not add anything under the Gnome2::* namespace in
Debian now.

GTK+ 3, the corresponding Perl bindings and GNOME 3.2 have been out
for 6 years. I consider this enough of a transition period for
actively maintained reverse-dependencies to adjust. If they need
a wake-up call I'm happy to provide it: I've been working for a couple
months on removing Gnome2::* modules from Debian, because they
generally depend on a stack that's obsolete and not maintained anymore
by their author — the GNOME project — since a while. My plan is to
complete this in time for Buster.

intrigeri