Mitigating effects of Bug #750946

Dear all,

The efforts to patch Bug #750946 in libhtml-html5-parser-perl with a simple
check for UTF-8 met some strong resistence from leading figures in the Perl
community, so, we're kinda out of ideas on that now.

However, as HTML::HTML5::Parser is rather unimportant to many of the
modules still threatened by removal from testing, we should look further
into mitigating the effects if libhtml-html5-parser-perl is removed from
testing.

I've looked through the packages, I am very familiar with many of them,
either because I'm the upstream dev, or I'm an active user. I have
identified the packages where HTML::HTML5::Parser is at most a nice to have
addon. I don't really understand how the relationship arises in many of
these cases, so I'm asking your help to find how it does and what we can do
to relax it in Debian. There are two exceptions, I have looked into
librdf-endpoint-perl
libatteanx-endpoint-perl
and there's a possibility to change the parser in there. I'm looking into
that.

These are the packages I don't quite understand would have a dep on
HTML::HTML5::Parser:

perlrdf
libapp-perlrdf-command-query-perl
libatteanx-store-ldf-perl
libatteanx-store-sparql-perl
librdf-acl-perl
librdf-generator-void-perl
librdf-linkeddata-perl
librdf-query-client-perl

Could you please advice on the nature of the dependency from these to
libhtml-html5-parser-perl?

Please CC any replies, I'm not on the list.

Best,

Kjetil