Re: Tests in libconfig-model-dpkg-perl

On Monday, 28 August 2017 17:37:19 CEST you wrote:
> Yes, my issue here is not about matching with Maintainer, but verifying
> the value of Testsuite. The test as written above was passing for some
> values even before I modified Source.pl. It even accepted
> autopkgtest-pkg-foo. All seemed to depend on ordering. I only got
> consistent and correct verification when I added the two extra lines
> (apply_changes and grab_value) in this foreach loop.

Weird. I've removed the 2 extra lines, but I cannot reproduce the issues you
mention: the test always pass.

Is you version of libconfig-model-perl up-to-date ? (I guess yes, but it does
not hurt (much) to ask...)

If yes, could you create a failing test and commit it on a new branch ?

> > I now wonder now if the last test makes sense: for instance, can
> > maintainer  joe@stuff.com set this value to autopkgtest-pkg-perl ?
>
> Like Gregor said, I think this is valid.

Fine with me.

> > You have correctly modified the "warn_unless_match" test, but the
> > "warn_unless"  (without match) tests and the fixes do not take into
> > account the teams you want to add. I.e. the regexp must be updated with
> > (dkms|elpa|go|nodejs|perl|python| r|ruby) as you did for
> > "warn_unless_match";
>
> I did not do it because I don't know if these teams have a policy of
> using autopkgtest.

That's the part I missed.

> > Since the bus factor on cme is quite bad, I'd rather you choose the first
> > option... ;-) Be sure that I'll help you get there.
>
> I would love to help, but I don't know config-model well enough to
> understand what is going on in these tests..

yes, Dpkg model is quite complex and is not the best candidate to get started
on config-model

All the best

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/