Re: Tests in libconfig-model-dpkg-perl

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 17:05:20 +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:

(Tangential remarks not really related to Tincho's changes:)

> The value of autopkgtest-pkg-* depends on Maintainer only if Maintainer is set
> to a known packaging team.

I think that's fine as far as adding the field goes (I think we don't
want to add it just because a package looks suitable but only because
a team has this policy).

> * warn_unless match: test whether Testsuite value is valid. This is the only
> tests that can trap an unvalid Testsuite value when the maintainer is not well
> known.
>
> I now wonder now if the last test makes sense: for instance, can maintainer
> joe@stuff.com set this value to autopkgtest-pkg-perl ?

Sure, I think it makes sense for others to re-use the testing
framework if they like and explictly set it in d/control.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-