Re: Q: Using a dependency on perl-base only

On Fri, 04 Aug 2017 00:56:00 +0200, Christoph Biedl wrote:

> Now I got a request to change the install dependencies accordingly,
> i.e. replace "${perl:Depends}" with "perl-base".
>
> Besides some extra handwork (like probably silencing lintian), is there
> any reason to not do this?

That's perfectly fine. and if you use
    dh_perl -d
then ${perl:Depends} will expand to perl-base.

(Depending on where your perl stuff is you might need
    dh_perl -d /path/to/look/in
)

And:

    Note that this flag may cause no dependency on perl-base to be
    generated at all. perl-base is Essential, so its dependency can
    be left out, unless a versioned dependency is needed.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-