Wait for new Debian policy version?

Now that Stretch has been released (yah!) there are a number of pkg-perl maintained Perl modules for which I am an (or the) uploader which have been waiting for version updates to be packaged.  Some of them need  Standards-Version updates in any case but should I wait until 4.x.x makes it in and lintian gets updated?  Or just assume that there will plenty of opportunity to update that for the packages later on and get the new versions packaged now?

--
Robert J. Clay
rjclay@gmail.com