Re: RFC: release-notes about Perl upgrade

-=| gregor herrmann, 01.03.2017 17:12:41 +0100 |=-
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 15:49:10 +0000, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>
> > Here's a proposal for an addition to the stretch release notes about
> > the Perl upgrade. The same is available as HTML at
> > https://people.debian.org/~dmn/release-notes.amd64.html/ch-information.en.html#perl
>
> Another thing that came to my mind:
>
> src:perl was restructured (like perl-modules → perl-modules-5.24) and
> parts of the binary packages are multi-arched.
>
> I doubt that's highly interesting to most users but it was a big (and
> smooth!) change, so I thought I'd mention it in case someone thinks
> it should be added to the release notes as well.

I am all for showing the great work made by the perl maintainers, but
I think that the "Issues to be aware of" is not the best place for it.

The rename of the perl-modules package may cause problems, but since
we want everyone to not depend on the modules package, ever, bringing
attention to it seems counterproductive to me. It is quite possible
that I don't understand your suggestion, in which case please give
example text to be included in the RN.

I am going to file the RN bug early next week, in case people have
suggestions.

-- dam