Re: Help to get Perl scripts of clonalorigin working needed

On Sun, 03 Dec 2017 16:27:35 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> $ blocksplit
> Use of uninitialized value $fname in string at /usr/bin/blocksplit line 6.
> Use of uninitialized value $fname in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/blocksplit line 6.
> Unable to open input XMFA file

https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/clonalorigin.git/tree/warg/scripts/blocksplit.pl

Works "as intended", i.e. the script expects a filename as an
argument.

> $ computeMedians -h
> Unable to parse XML of -h, error Couldn't open -h:
> No such file or directory at /usr/bin/computeMedians line 43.
>
> lensum is 0
> Use of uninitialized value within @tsort in hash element at /usr/bin/computeMedians line 79.
> Use of uninitialized value $ttally in numeric lt (<) at /usr/bin/computeMedians line 79.
> Use of uninitialized value within @tsort in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/computeMedians line 83.
> Median theta:
> Use of uninitialized value within @dsort in hash element at /usr/bin/computeMedians line 86.
> Use of uninitialized value $dtally in numeric lt (<) at /usr/bin/computeMedians line 86.
> Use of uninitialized value within @dsort in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/computeMedians line 90.
> Median delta:
> Use of uninitialized value within @rsort in hash element at /usr/bin/computeMedians line 93.
> Use of uninitialized value $rtally in numeric lt (<) at /usr/bin/computeMedians line 93.
> Use of uninitialized value within @rsort in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/computeMedians line 97.
> Median rho:

https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/clonalorigin.git/tree/warg/scripts/computeMedians.pl

Again, the script expects one or more filenames as parameters (and
doesn't handle "-h").

> $ makeMauveWargFile
> Found -1 xml block files
> Use of uninitialized value $base in substitution (s///) at /usr/bin/makeMauveWargFile line 15.
> Use of uninitialized value $base in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/makeMauveWargFile line 17.

https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/clonalorigin.git/tree/warg/scripts/makeMauveWargFile.pl

This script as well expects filenames.

> I'm not sure whether this output is the "intended behavior" (= no proper
> error processing) or whether this is an issue with a higher Perl version.

I see nothing related to Perl versions, just a combination of
suboptimal user interface/error handling and incorrect usage.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Jim Croce: Time In A Bottle