Re: Precarious status of Shutter in Debian

On Friday, 20 October 2017 14:28:25 CEST Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure why you think the whole thing shouldn't be
> retired altogether.

Well, as mentioned by others, it's a really nice screenshot application. One
of the best looking Perl application, like gcstar or frozen-bubble. It's a
shame that there's no "powered by Perl" somewhere on the UI.

And shutter is still quite popular according to popcon [1].

That said, if it's not popular enough to find a maintainer, we'll have no
choice but to remove it from Debian.

I guess that the next step is to announce the probable demise of shutter on
debian-devel and debian-users in the (slim) hope that someone steps up.

All the best

Dod

PS: I wonder what is shutter's status in other distro ...

[1] https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=shutter

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/  -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org