Re: Membership Ping 2017: Results

-=| Alex Muntada, 05.10.2017 21:20:27 +0200 |=-
> On the other side, I've found several issues that I'd like to
> discuss with this list before proceeding to make mass changes
> to 291 packages:
>
> * I'm using cme to format debian/control before making any
>   change (also performed by cme). This formatting changes the
>   order of some headers (e.g. Testsuite, Vcs-*). I consider
>   these format changes acceptable as I separate them with a
>   different commit form the actual removing of mail addresses
>   from Uploaders.
>
> * However, there are several packages that seem to use the
>   wrap-and-sort formatting, thus running cme format on them
>   makes a lot of changes that probably won't make happy their
>   respective maintainers. I'm not sure whether I should skip
>   these and make the changes in some other way.

Maybe if you omit the "cme format" step for these packages, but add
a "wrap-and-sort" step and the end, the net result will be minimal
(e.g. removed maintainer).

(I have no problem with both formats, since I edit d/control by hand
mostly)

> * Some packages end up with no Uploaders field after removing
>   the former team members. I guess this is alright as long as
>   there's no new upload but there's a risk that we forget to
>   add one.

I think there is a lintian check that will sound the alarm ("No human
maintainer"?). As long as potential uploaders run lintian, we're safe.

-- dam