Re: Package for Gnome2::Vte ?

Hello,

intrigeri@debian.org wrote:
> You most likely have something like 12-16 months to make it happen (...)
> before the Buster freeze. This looks like enough time, no? :)

For Buster, yes, certainly ! And it is the idea to start a new development phase that will remove any "annoying" dependency (while introducing a few more cool features, I guess).

But in the meantime, it would be great if we can provide a functional release with the current software "as is" (believe me, it just works great without any modification ; i mean: if it works, don't fix it!) and that is easy to install (many users are reporting problems because they don't have Gnome::Vte correctly installed).

> One idea would be to upload libgnome2-vte-perl and the
> reverse-dependency you're interesting in to Debian experimental (...)

Mmm, well, it looks a bit complicated for both the users and us.

> Now, I'll let you balance the pros & cons between doing that and
> uploading to a third-party APT repository (e.g. PPA)

Ok, we'll evaluate this option as well.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions !

--
Gaëtan