Package for Gnome2::Vte ?

Dear Debian perl package maintainers,

To ensure the maintenance and a proper release cycle of an application [1] that is based on Gnome2::Vte [2], the project team is looking for some "officially" supported Gnome2::Vte perl packages for the main *nix releases.
And Debian is of course the first distribution we would like to get supported ;-)

Today, we can see that there is a package for python-vte [3] but we could not find anything like libgnome2-vte-perl :(

However, if you use CPAN (and that you have the correct prerequisites like libvte-dev [4]), compiling and installing Gnome2::Vte is fairly straightforward and works seamlessly with "install Gnome2::Vte".  But using CPAN as a prerequisite of our application is not really an option.  Today, users are expecting a fully integrated and painless install experience.

Of course, we know Ásbrú is based on a quite old and not very exciting technology (Gtk2).  But Ásbrú is a (free) software that is working great and is still used by many users all over the world so we really believe it is the worth to package and maintain it properly so this package still has a chance to evolve in the future.

May I kind ask you if adding the package "libgnome2-vte-perl" to Debian is an option and how we can help you reach this goal that is crucial for the future of our modest but exciting project.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help or advise you can bring !

Best regards,

[1] Namely, the Ásbrú Connection Manager (https://www.asbru-cm.net/) that is a fork of "PAC" (https://github.com/perseo22/pacmanager) that is not maintained anymore, see https://github.com/perseo22/pacmanager/issues/57.
[2] http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/pod/Gnome2/Vte.html
[3] https://packages.debian.org/en/stretch/python-vte
[4] https://packages.debian.org/en/stretch/libvte-dev

--