Re: Low-Hanging Fruits session scheduling poll

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:37:17AM +0300, Niko Tyni wrote:

> the Low-Hanging Fruits (LHF, [1]) session scheduling came up again this
> year at the DebConf16 pkg-perl meeting.

> However, the current fixed time of 18:00 UTC is not that good for people
> outside Europe. In the past we used to alternate between 17:00 UTC and
> and 22:00 UTC, and the earlier time was remarkably more popular. But
> it seems this is worth re-checking.
>
> I've created a simple poll at
>  https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/anonymous/pkg-perl-lhf/

> Given it's holiday season, let's set a deadline at the end of August
> and keep this month's session at the "old" time (August 21st, 18:00 UTC).

So we're past the deadline now, and early evening UTC still
seems to be the generally preferred time.

With eleven answers (counting Dom's empty slots as unknowns):

 17 UTC: 8 for, 3 can't say, 0 against
 18 UTC: 7-3-1
 19 UTC: 9-1-1
 20 UTC: 7-2-2

So 17 UTC and 19 UTC look like finalists to me but I'm not sure which
one wins :) I'd say alternate between those (and patch Dom's announcement
script to handle that of course). Any objections?

Somebody mentioned DST and the time of year in the poll comments, but I
can't think of a way to fit those in without having a poll every month,
and that seems overkill. Maybe the alternation would help there as well
so people could attend at least every other month?
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org