Re: Introduction to debian perl team

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 08:28:10PM +0100, Guillaume Bougard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently coming from the FusionInventory team as
> fusioninventory-agent maintainer. I joined this team more than a year
> ago and it's time for me to help fusioninventory-agent to reborn in
> debian as current maintainer is engaged in another professional life.
>
> I'm also working for Teclib as fusioninventory-agent main developer.
>
> For people not knowing, fusioninventory-agent is a perl-base platform
> independent agent mostly used for GLPI. You can find it on CPAN
> looking at FusionInventory::Agent
>
> I'm a 45 years old french guy involved in opensource softwares since 20
> years. I worked mostly as admin but I also worked in system development
> using shell, perl, python, and C languages. I'm also known as Tequila
> on Smokin'Guns project (an ioq3-based game engine, maybe another target
> for a debian package, but later as a personal project and surely not
> in the debian perl team context).
>
> Firstly, I want to become the fusioninventory-agent maintainer in
> debian. This is a mid-term goal, there's no urgency. I'm in touch with
> current maintainer but he's not fully available to be a mentor on my
> work. I worked last weeks on a fork of his packaging work to prepare an
> upload for sid, and so I'm looking here for a mentor to control my work
> and upload the result.
> My work is available on a dedicated branch on our github repository:
> https://github.com/TECLIB/fusioninventory-agent/tree/2.3.x+debian-packaging
>
> Tracker ref:
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fusioninventory-agent
>
> Secondly, I want also to participate in the debian perl group
> activities as fusioninventory-agent depends on a lot of other perl lib.
> And I can help to maintain other perl module packages and I hope their
> somebody here to point me on suffering perl-based packages to look at.
>
> My Alioth account is : gbougard-guest
>
> Also, I manage to enter the process to upload the packages on mentors:
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/fusioninventory-agent
>
> All the best,

Thank you for your introduction, and glad you would like to contribute
to the pkg-perl team.

I just have added you tho the pkg-perl alioth project.

I guess you know that already, but there we have some introducing wiki
sites: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome including
first steps (policy, git guidelines, ...).

Regards,
Salvatore