Re: Release impact of introducing a new archive section?

On Thu, 08 Dec 2016 09:01:47 -0800, Josh Triplett wrote:

> > No. perl5 modules named FOO::BAR are packages as libFOO-BAR-perl, and
> > in this case we have perl5 modules named Perl6::Something, so this
> > naming just follows the Debian Perl Policy, even if it looks a bit
> > strange.
> > Perl6 packages are/will be named perl6-*.
> Ah, I see; that makes sense.  So, perl6 X::Y::Z modules will use the
> naming perl6-x-y-z?

Yup, that's my understanding.

> In any case, I don't have any objections to a new section; I just wanted
> to check about the alternative possibility of using "perl" (which in any
> case seems better than using "interpreters").

Ack. I just wanted to add my opinion that combining them with "perl"
doesn't seem to be a good idea.

And I'm not sure if we need perl6 _now_, given the amount of
packages. OTOH, it might make sense to add it (and golang) since
updating the list of sections in all tools in one go might save some
future work.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-   NP: Sweet Transvestite