Re: Perl MIDI::ALSA module Debian Linux package

On Mon, 24 Oct 2016, gregor herrmann wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 04:41:32 +0100, Andy wrote:
>
> > > I just had a look at packaging it [0]; there are no big obstacles
> > >
> > > [0]
> > > Vcs-Browser: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-perl/packages/libmidi-alsa-perl.git
> >
> > That's great, many thanks!
> > Would you be able to tell me when the package will show up in the repos?
>
> As I mentionded yesterday, the fact that we can't run the (whole)
> test suite during the package build makes me a bit uncomfortable.
> That's why I didn't upload the package but asked for opinions on
> debian-perl@lists.debian.org

In my personal experience building and using the MIDI::ALSA module on
many different Linux systems manually the module works very reliably.

If anything the test script is the only slightly buggy part of the
MIDI::ALSA module, as it fails on some systems even when the MIDI::ALSA
module works correctly.

Therefore IMHO you can safely disable the 'make test' part.

Mageia Linux which has included the MIDI::ALSA module for several years
also disabled the 'make test' part as you can see here:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/perl-MIDI-ALSA/current/SPECS/

It would be great if the MIDI::ALSA module deb package could still make
it into Debian 9.

Best regards,
Andy