renaming librt-extension-repeatticket-perl to rt4-extension-repeatticket, moving away from pkg-perl (was: Re: Bug# 834969 ITP: librt-extension-repeatticket-perl -- Perl module for repeating tickets in RT (Request Tracker) based on schedule)

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for raising this issue!

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 04:05:42PM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 04:02:43PM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 07:43:04AM +0200, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> > > * Package name    : librt-extension-repeatticket-perl
> > > * URL             : https://metacpan.org/release/RT-Extension-RepeatTicket
> > > * License         : GPL-2
> > >   Description     : Perl module for repeating tickets in RT (Request
> > >                     Tracker) based on schedule
> > >
> > >  The RepeatTicket extension for the Request Tracker trouble-ticket
> > >  tracking system allows you to set up recurring tickets
<snip>

> > > I've chosen to name this package "librt-extension-repeatticket-perl", following
> > > naming convention of CPAN packages.  I am aware of the rt4-extension-* packages
> > > (like e.g. rt4-extension-calendar), but feel the name
> > > librt-extension-repeatticket-perl is more suitable to fit in pkg-perl policy.
> > > People looking for this package will find it anyway.
> > >
> > > I'll work on the packaging using pkg-perl's git at Alioth
> > > https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-perl/packages/librt-extension-repeatticket-perl.git/
> >
> > RT extension packages are not quite normal CPAN modules; they frequently
> > have other components (eg custom configuration fragments, data files,
> > database schema scripts),

Yes, I am now aware of this...

> > are specific to RT major versions, and hence
> > should not be installed in the normal perl paths.
> >
> > I strongly recommend that you package and name this in the same way as
> > the other RT extensions. I'd be happy to add you to the alioth project
> > in order to maintain the package as part of this (small) team if you like.
>
> Adding the original ITP for the record.

Yes, please add me to this alioth project (what's the name of this rt alioth
project, btw)?  I've had a look at your rt4-extension-nagios but couldn't find
any VCS tags.  You do maintain it at alioth, right?

Bye,

Joost

PS/note to self: ask ftp-masters to reject
https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/librt-extension-repeatticket-perl_1.10-2.html
from https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html due to planned renaming of package
to rt4-extension-repeatticket .