Re: creating github pull requests in pkg-perl-tools

* Alex Muntada <alexm@alexm.org>, 2016-06-02, 23:58:
I am not sure how sound this is as I am not using github much, but perhaps using an "upstream/" prefix could solve the name space problem?

Unfortunately, you can't choose the name of the repos you fork or mirror on GitHub. It's always /{user}/{repo} where {repo} is the same for any forks

While GitHub doesn't let you choose the name at clone time, you can rename the repo afterwards.

For example, I could have a fork of /alexm/foobar named /jwilk/upstream-foobar (but not /jwilk/upstream/foobar).

Or one could create new organization, say "debupstream"[0] and put the fork at /debupstream/foobar/.

[0] Sadly, the organization "upstream" is already taken.

--
Jakub Wilk