Re: pkg-perl & jessie-backports ?

On Thursday, July 07, 2016 01:40:47 PM gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 11:27:11 -0400, Robert James Clay wrote:
> >   There are some perl module updates that would be useful in at least
> >   jessie-
> >
> > backports if not jessie-pu. How can I (i'm a DM not a DD so I can't do it
> > myself) see about getting such updates at least into jessie-backports?  I
> > don't recall seeing a pkg-perl policy about it...
>
> Not sure if this is written down somewhere (if not maybe we should)

  Yes, I think that would be a good idea if it's not already done...

> but it's quite easy:

  Sounds like the same kind of thing that I'd do for a new upstream but in
this case using a new branch? (and which I'd need to comment on since PET
doesn't track such things?)

> - in git create a branch jessie-backports starting from the debian/*
>   tag corresponding to the version in stable

   Don't you mean Testing in this case?  I know I also mentioned jessie-pu but
since the 'fix' was in a newer upstream version, i though it would be more
appropriate to put it to jessie-backports.

> - do any necessary work there, following the backports rules
> - as PET maybe doesn't show it when it's ready, just shout via mail
>   or on IRC, and some DD will upload the packages.

  I'll do that.

RJ Clay
jame@rocasa.us