Re: Perl sprint 2016: New venue suggestion in Zurich

gregor herrmann:

> Another hotel in a similar distance to the venue is
> http://www.budgethostel.ch/location.htm

Booking gives good reviews (Fabulous 8.6) but I think it's too far from
the city centre.

> Seems there's also
> https://www.booking.com/hotel/ch/casa-kunz-reyes-zurich.en-gb.html
> nearby.

A mere Passable 5.3 feels a bit risky.

> OTOH it might be nice to stay in the city center and use the public
> transport connection to the ETH campus.

+1

> http://www.easyhotel.com/hotels/switzerland/zuerich/ would be quite
> cheap, Salvatore also pointed to
> http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-2942-ibis-zurich-city-west/index.shtml
> (and there's also
> http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-3184-ibis-budget-zurich-city-west/index.shtml).
> Oh, Axel already mentioned them above!

Not near the city centre, though.

> booking.com has other things for "Zürich" and restricted to "Hostel"
> or to -100 EUR for a double room or to "Aparments"; random picks:
> https://www.booking.com/hotel/ch/olympiahotelzurich.en-gb.html
> https://www.booking.com/hotel/ch/otter.en-gb.html
> https://www.booking.com/hotel/ch/gasthaus-210.en-gb.html
> But then I'm not sure where the nice parts of Zuerich are :)

I don't know either, but I think we should try to book some place
near the city centre with free cancellation as soon as possible
to get a good price.

Cheers,
Alex