LHF report (was: Low-hanging fruits reminder for 2016-01-21, 18:00 UTC (tomorrow))

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 00:00:05 +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> Our next Low-Hanging Fruit Session[1] on IRC is tomorrow:
> 2016-01-21, 18:00 UTC, #debian-perl @ irc.debian.org (A.K.A. OFTC)

Here are the notes from yesterday's meeting:

Participants
============

* During the "core time": Dom, dod, gregoa
* Later in the evening: XTaran, ntyni, kanashiro, fsfs

Agenda
======

from https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/LHF/Agenda

* Make all the packages autopkgtestable
* Upgrade packages to the latest upstream release
* Sprint 2016
* dod: should we pull the plug on padre?

padre
=====

* Situation: padre (and libdebug-client-perl) are RC buggy, no
  upstream activity since years.
* Proposal: remove padre, libdebug-client-perl, and libpadre-plugin-*
  from the archive.
* Action: dod to mail the list and file bugs.

Sprint in May (?)
=================

* Location:
  + Dom: Oxford might not be viable, at least not the "original" venue
  + The other option mentioned during the BoF at DebConf was Zurich
    (Xtaran, carnil).

* Possible topics:
  + perl 5.24
  + git-debcherry :)
  + anything else for stretch?
  + autopkgtest

* Action: Dom to take Sprint topic to the mailing list.
  + https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2016/01/msg00018.html

Packaging and bugs
==================

* Various bugs discussed.
* Some packages uploaded (new upstream releases).
* "Dig around in the "long time no upload" area of pkg-perl
  packages."

Future LHF meetings

* Potential action item:
  https://lintian.debian.org/tags/versioned-dependency-satisfied-by-perl.html