Re: Analysis of dual-lived modules updates on 5.22

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 21:55:16 +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> I've gone through the changes to dual-lived module Breaks in perl 5.22,
> and drawn up a list of packages which need attention:
> https://people.debian.org/~dom/perl/dual-lived.txt

Thanks!

> In particular, where the dual-lived packages haven't been in the archive
> since oldoldstable, are we happy to remove the Breaks from the perl
> package? The main benefit is to make perl's debian/control slightly more
> readable. The Provides/Replaces could stay if we wanted.

I think that should be safe; the chance of a backport of 5.22 to
(old)oldstable is rather slim IMO :)

> I will probably defer filing bugs on the 'normal' category bugs on that
> list until the migration, since there's no actual impact on the migration
> and upstream updates might occur naturally in the meantime.

Right; some of them (Module::CorelList and the whole *Compress*
family at least have frequent updates on the CPAN).

> On which note: does anyone know why (for example):
>
>     ssh mirror.ftp-master.debian.org dak rm -Rn libautodie-perl
>
> lists, eg, librun-parts-perl for removal, when libautodie-perl is
> provided by perl the the librun-parts-perl dep is unversioned?

Ansgar on IRC: seems to be a known issue with dak's rdep handling in
the case of real/virtual dual packages.

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: Joan Baez: Manha de Carnaval