Re: Please review: Announcing a new Debian packaging tool: cme dpkg

Axel Beckert wrote:
> I'd also briefly mention what cme itself is (i.e. by writing that it
> stands for "Config Model Editor").

As someone who doesn't remember using cme, I'd like slightly more than
that.  As well as explaining the name, give a one-sentence summary.
Could it be something clearer than on the package?

The package short description is "Check or edit configuration data with
Config::Model" but I don't know why I'd want to use Config::Model
instead of another tool.

The rest of the description makes me think it is a graphical tool but
there's no screenshots there or on
https://screenshots.debian.net/package/cme so I don't know if it's
something I want to use.  Digging deeper makes me think Tk is the only
graphical option so I suspect not (as someone who had the usual bad
experiences with Tk back on Solaris decades ago) but pictures would
really help confirm or reject that.

Hope that's useful feedback,
--
MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op