Re: Is META.yml Necessary Anymore?

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 17:03:09 +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> Then, I see no problem to obsolete META.yml if META.json is kept, but I'd like
> to check this with Debian perl team (cc'ed)
>
> So, Debian Perl colleagues,  what do you think ? Would META.yml removal cause
> a problem for our workflow ?

I don't think that our tools have issues, and if they have
nevertheless, that should be quick to spot and easy to fix.

Personally, on importing a new upstream release, I prefer to read the
diff of META.yml and find a diff'd META.json terrible; but I guess
that's not enough reason to keep it :)

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: Dire Straits: Private Investigations