Report (was: Low-hanging fruits reminder for 2015-09-21, 18:00 UTC (tomorrow))

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 00:00:05 +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> Our next Low-Hanging Fruit Session[1] on IRC is tomorrow:
> 2015-09-21, 18:00 UTC, #debian-perl @ irc.debian.org (A.K.A. OFTC)

Here's a short report, based on the gobby notes which were taken by
dam:

Participants:
ntyni, Dom, dam, jonas, alexm, XTaran, cstamas, carnil, gregoa

Agenda
======

* perl 5.22: status of the transition
* pkg-perl-autopkgtest: potential improvements (cf. various bugs reports by ntyni)
  (#799444, #799486, #799487)
* experiences with git-debcherry, maybe a demo

Perl 5.22 transition
====================

* Latest news on the Perl 5.22 transition were in
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2015/09/msg00010.html
* Fate of libcoro-perl:
  - amount of rdeps not crazy
  - jonas: I can drop the coroae plugin from uwsgi
  - Verdict: drop
* Ongoing work on mod-perl upstream.
* Soon time to upgrade bugs to serious.
* Dom to send an update.

git-debcherry
=============

* ntyni is happy with experiences.
* Integration of helper scripts into pkg-perl-tools? More
  documentation?
* fsfs and ntyni will keep group updated.

pkg-perl-autopkgtest improvements
=================================

* Seem good. Work needs to be done. Comments to go to the bugreports.

Ideas for future LHF meetings and work after the discussion

* https://reproducible.debian.net/unstable/amd64/pkg_set_maint_pkg-perl-maintainers.html
  (esp. FTBFS)
  Some problems were fixed and new bugs reported.
* Upgrade autopkgtest to work with newer pkg-perl-autopkgtest
  (#799487).

libdbd-oracle-perl
* alexm to resume work on it
* Suggestion came to also try that with perl 5.22.

DUCK
====

XTaran and cstamas worked for hours on
https://people.debian.org/~abe/pkg-perl-duck-2015-08-13.txt and fixed
most URL issues. Pending tasks at same URL.

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   NP: Funny Van Dannen: Als Willy Brandt Bundeskanzler war