Re: RfC: Moving not-pkg-perl-team-specific lintian tests from pkg-perl-tools to lintian proper

-=| Axel Beckert, 15.05.2015 21:32:29 +0200 |=-
> I intent to move some lintian tests currently used by the Debian
> Perl Team an packaged in the pkg-perl lintian profile shipped with
> pkg-perl-tools into lintian.
>
> Reason is that some of the lintian checks in pkg-perl-tools are useful
> for either also non-perl packages or perl-packages not packaged by the
> Debian Perl Team.
>
> …
>
> I'd be happy to get at least some comments from Gregor and Damyan if
> they agree to have the pkg-perl lintian check written by them to be
> moved into lintian.

My intention was certainly to see the test one day integrated into
lintian proper. The reason I did not go this way right away was that
I wanted to see them in action before going mainstream, ah, and
I wanted to see how easy the lintian profiles work (they worked just
great!).

So, thanks for driving this forward, Axel!