Re: cpan2deb using wrong module from CPAN

On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 20:06 +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > It seems that there are 2 versions of DBIx::Class on CPAN. The proper
> > one under authors/id/R/RI/RIBASUSHI/DBIx-Class-0.082810.tar.gz and then
> > another one in authors/id/A/AB/ABRAXXA/DBIx-Class-0.08195.tar.gz
>
> I'd use the packaged version :)

Yeah, fair point. I've been building other packages that aren't
available, so have just been doing all the ones that aren't in Wheezy at
the same time.

> > The problem is that cpan2deb is picking up the incorrect older version.
> > However, when I run cpan directly it picks up the correct newer version.
>
> Not for me. - Well, at least not dh-make-perl itself:
>
> % dh-make-perl --cpan DBIx::Class

[...]

> % cpan2deb DBIx::Class

Okay, this is interesting. That command does indeed work correctly for
me. However, if I then do cpan2deb DBIx-Class it picks the wrong version
                                      ^^^

So if I use '::' it uses the correct one, if I use '-' it uses the wrong
one. Is there a subtle difference between them that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for the quick reply,

Andy