Re: let's drop libcatalyst-modules-perl

-=| gregor herrmann, 20.12.2014 16:49:27 +0100 |=-
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 14:34:29 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
> > Let's drop libcatalyst-modules-perl from testing and unstable.
> >
> > Last package needing libcatalyst-modules-perl was
> > libcatalyst-authentication-credential-http-perl which is now fixed and
> > the fix accepted into testing.
> [..]
> > Any reason not to drop libcatalyst-modules-perl?
>
> As I understand it, the idea was to keep it as metapackage that pulls
> in the now separately packaged parts on upgrades.
> Otherwise people upgrading to jessie will probably have quite broken
> catalyst applications until they find out which packages they need to
> install now separately instead of the bundled old
> libcatalyst-modules-perl.
>
> Dam might have more thoughts on history and future of this package.

The above is my understanding as well. Less surprising upgrade to
Jessie is the reason for libcatalyst-modules-perl and
libcatalyst-modules-extra-perl packages to stay until Jessie is out.

The idea is to have an additional safety net for usages of catalyst
that not necessarily pass via 100% Debian packages software.

-- dam