Re: Building packages recursively, including newer versions of modules

Hi,

gregor herrmann wrote:
> I'm afraid both cpan2deb (i.e. dh-make-perl's --build option) as well
> as --recursive are not much tested as probably not many people are
> using it.

Hrm. I never noticed the --recursive option, but since cpan2deb exists
for much longer than cpan2dsc (which I created because I was surprised
it didn't exist yet), I had expected that it's used not that seldom.

Andrew Beverley wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-11-30 at 23:30 +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > > I.e. what is the recommended way of building/obtaining a particular
> > > Debian package for a module of a particular version, along with all its
> > > dependencies?
> >
> > Not sure if this counts as a recommendation :) but I guess most of us
> > just either create new or update existing packages one-by-one.
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply. Part of the reason for asking the question
> was to see if I'd missed anything obvious. If the answer is no, then
> that's fine!
>
> I did start building them individually, but it started to feel like a
> recursive loop...

Hrm, backporting newer versions from Testing or Unstable is out of
scope? (If they exist of course -- which I would expect if they are
only Dancer2 dependencies.)

For your own repo you could work with pure rebuilds or -- if the
dependencies are satisfiable in Wheezy -- just include the packages
from Testing/Unstable.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin