Re: Uploading new upstream versions during the freeze?

Hi Salvatore,

-=| Salvatore Bonaccorso, 04.11.2014 14:10:12 +0100 |=-
> I guess we have to decide on some basic rules/guidelines what to do
> with new upstream versions during the freeze. If I rember correctly
> for the last one we basically did with "harmless" packages wich have
> not seen problems in past to continue uploading to unstable, but for
> the more critical ones (and in particular such which build
> arch-dependent packages) go trough experimental?
>
> Has anybody already tought about it on how to go forward during the
> freeze?

My concern with experimental is that someone has to remember to upload
the packages again after the release. Perhaps there's some cue in PET
that I've missed?

One option could be to postpone uploading new upstream releases for
after the (very short) freeze :)

-- dam