Re: Config-Model-Dpkg: support build profiles

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 03:20:28PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> Hi Dominique,

I sent an e-mail to Dominique Dumont directly, but it's better to have
this discussion on a public list, so here goes :)

> First of all, thanks a lot for all the great work you've been doing on
> Config-Model, the pkg-perl project, and Debian in general!
>
> What do you think about the attached patch that adds support for the
> build profile annotations in the debian/control file?  There are two
> parts of this, as described in the specification -
> https://wiki.debian.org/BuildProfileSpec - a <profile.*> addition to
> Build-Depends and Build-Depends-Indep and a Build-Profiles header for
> the binary package stanzas.  The test included in the patch is an actual
> control file for a package converted to build profiles as part of my
> work on this year's "Bootstrappable Debian" GSoC project, as you may see
> in #751922; that's why I've CC'd Wookey and Johannes, my mentors on this
> project, who also have some interest in the adoption of the build
> profiles framework and the adaptations made to all the tools that parse
> the source control and the binary changes file to support the new
> fields.
>
> Right now the patch does not try to check that the <profile.*>
> restrictions may only be present in B-D and B-D-I, and not in any other
> places that Dpkg::Dependency is used (Build-Conflicts for the source
> package, Depends and friends for the binary ones).  If you wish, I'll
> try to implement that, too.  On the other hand, if you like the patch
> as-is, I could commit it to the pkg-perl repo as the start of my
> long-overdue pkg-perl comeback :)
>
> Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

G'luck,
Peter

Peter Pentchev  roam@ringlet.net roam@FreeBSD.org p.penchev@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13