Re: Proposed mass bug filing: /usr/lib/perl5 is changing with Perl 5.20

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 07:05:03PM -0400, James McCoy wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 11:13:43PM +0300, Niko Tyni wrote:
> > "Normal" build systems based on ExtUtils::MakeMaker or Module::Build do
> > this automatically, but 62 packages either failed to build or lost their
> > libperl linkage because of this in my test rebuilds of affected packages
> > (reverse dependencies of perlapi-5.18.* or libperl5.18, with a total of 540).
>
> Do you have these build logs available for people to review?  That would
> help in diagnosing the problems before we're able to easily test build
> against 5.20.

Sure, they are now at
 http://people.debian.org/~ntyni/perl/5.20/logs/20140530/multiarch/

Apart from the /usr/lib/perl5 thing, there's a separate class of problems
that I see I failed to mention: libperl.so has moved to from /usr/lib to
/usr/lib/<triplet>, so configure scripts and the like are failing to
find it. (These are probably not strictly blockers for a Perl 5.20 transition,
as the change could be backed out if absolutely necessary.)
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org