Re: libsharyanto-utils-perl

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 21:47:44 +0000, Daniel Lintott wrote:

> First off I have to say thanks to gregor for all his help the past
> couple of days, I have been made to feel very welcome in the group and
> have already learnt a lot!

You're welcome.
And thanks to you for working on updating our packages, much
appreciated.

> Now onto the real stuff:
>
>   TODO:
>   - the real problem is that two of the upstream release drop half of
>     the formerly included modules. I guess we have to check that
>     nothing else needs them, or package them separately (with nice
>     Replaces+Breaks in the new packages and Depends or Recommends here)
>
> What is the best way to go about this?

That's indeed not completely trivial.

Another option than checking dependencies would be to use
http://codesearch.debian.net/ and check for SHARYANTO:: or something
more clever there.

> I have found one package that depends on libsharyanto-utils-perl using
> the following:
>
> > # apt-cache rdepends libsharyanto-utils-perl
> > libsharyanto-utils-perl Reverse Depends: libfile-write-rotate-perl
>
> The module in question that this package requires (File::Flock) has
> been split from libsharyanto-utils-perl and is available in:
>
> SHARYANTO-File-Util-0.56	File-related utilities
>
> which will require packaging.

Ok, that's a nice catch.

> Looking at all of the SHARYANTO-* modules on metacpan, there are
> several other moudles not currently packed...

And I guess we don't want to package them all unless they are really
needed :)

   `-   NP: John Zorn: Shevet (Ribot)