Re: libsereal-encoder-perl exclude s390x until it is fixed

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:08:33 +0200, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:

> libsereal-encoder-perl FTBFS on s390x - see for details #742409.

It also fails to build on other architectures:
http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=libsereal-encoder-perl&suite=unstable

At least (arm64 where it builds and) ppc64 might become release
architectures for jessie.

> Can I exclude s390x from architectures for libsereal-encoder-perl until the
> problem is resolved ?

If we do this, we
- would need to exclude ppc64 as well, probably
- exclude both -encoder- and -decoder-
  (that only one fails is due to the recursive build-dep which is
  broken so that only one uses the other; in fact the code is the
  same for both); actually #742409 should be assigned to both
- request removal of the old binaries
- manually build each new release on s390x and ppc64 to see if they
  work now

All together, this doesn't sound very attractive to me.

(And I'm generally not very happy about the included und patched
csnappy code ...)

   `-   BOFH excuse #218:  The UPS doesn't have a battery backup.