Re: libsharyanto-utils-perl

On 17/02/14 22:06, gregor herrmann wrote:

>> TODO: - the real problem is that two of the upstream release drop
>> half of the formerly included modules. I guess we have to check
>> that nothing else needs them, or package them separately (with
>> nice Replaces+Breaks in the new packages and Depends or
>> Recommends here)
>>
>> What is the best way to go about this?
>
> That's indeed not completely trivial.
>
> Another option than checking dependencies would be to use
> http://codesearch.debian.net/ and check for SHARYANTO:: or
> something more clever there.
>
>> I have found one package that depends on libsharyanto-utils-perl
>> using the following:
>>
>>> # apt-cache rdepends libsharyanto-utils-perl
>>> libsharyanto-utils-perl Reverse Depends:
>>> libfile-write-rotate-perl
>>
>> The module in question that this package requires (File::Flock)
>> has been split from libsharyanto-utils-perl and is available in:
>>
>> SHARYANTO-File-Util-0.56	File-related utilities
>>
>> which will require packaging.
>
> Ok, that's a nice catch.

I've had a look a through and can't find any other packages that
depend on modules from libsharyanto-utils-perl other than
libfile-write-rotate-perl

I've now packaged SHARYANTO-File-Util-0.56 as
libsharyanto-file-util-perl as pushed this to Git.

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-perl/packages/libsharyanto-file-util-perl.git;a=summary

If someone could take a look at the packaging, I'd be very grateful

Regards

Daniel