Re: Re: Missing tags in git repos

On Saturday 18 January 2014 16:13:43 Ivan Kohler wrote:
> > libapache2-authcookie-perl
> > libapache2-mod-perl2
>
> Sorry I lagged so long in looking at and replying to this.  Work,
> family, holidays all have conspired to keep me terribly busy.  :)
>
> I just wanted to let you know that I have tried, but I just get
> "everything up-to-date".  I thought I had followed the instructions in
> our git guide correctly, but I'm new to our git workflow, so I perhaps
> messed something up.  The end result is that the tags you're looking for
> me to push apparantly didn't wind up in my local repo.
>
> Next time I'll try to keep better notes and see if I can figure out
> where I messed up or if there's anything to fix or clarify in our git
> guide.

libapache2-authcookie-perl looks fine now.

But the last tag is still missing on libapache2-mod-perl2.

In your repository, I guess that you should:
  git checkout b2fba004ddc717249adaeb16d9f255bfb2dc4cc0
- tag this commit:
  git-buildpackage --git-tag-only
  (I think --git-ignore-branch will also be required)

if git-buildpackage does not work, you'll need to create the tag manually:

  git tag -u <your_gpg_key_id> debian/2.0.8+httpd24-r1449661-6 \
   		b2fba004ddc717249adaeb16d9f255bfb2dc4cc0

then do a git push --tags

HTH