Re: git-buildpackage interface change and use in .mrconfig

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:49:56 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> > If our .mrconfig only supports the new "gbp pull", I can't use it
> > anymore because I won't update git-buildpackage to a version with
> > "gbp pull" and the bug.
> Ah, now I understand. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries, I guess my early-morning mail was not particularly clear
:)

> I don't think the proposal is to force the new gbp globally. There are
> valid use cases of the old version, as already mentioned.

Ack.

> > (Besides that I'm wondering if I'm the only one hitting this bug.
> > ssh sockets should be quite heavily used, no?)
> I for one use them, but without an explicit ControlPersist option,
> which I guess means that the connection is shared for as long as the
> initial connection is alive. Before starting 'mr -j4 up' I run 'ssh
> git.debian.org' an another terminal.

I did that when I used the broken gbp-pull version, but it doesn't
scale if "mr up" queries more than one server ...

(BTW: I'm not very happy with "-jX" because it seems to break the
requirement that our meta/.mrconfig is updated before the pull of the
individual repos starts. Or is this a misconception at my side?)

> If I knew that option, I'd surely have used it already, because it
> makes the explicit separate connection unnecessary.

Ack.

> Thanks for the hint :)

You're welcome; and sorry to tell you that you have to downgrade gbp
if you want to use it now :)

   `-   NP: Der Junge mit der Gitarre: Nie wieder Grand Prix