Re: [Call for contribution] "Les journées Perl" in France/Nancy

Le Tuesday 21 May 2013 18:42:41, Marc Chantreux a écrit :
> What i really like to see is a "what's next?":
>
> * debian packaging tutorial

You can use or re-use these slides:

http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/docs/pkg-perl-for-users/

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup

> * is there some mentoring stuff for those scared to ship a poor quality
>   packaging?

debian-perl group will provide mentoring through the debian-perl mailing list
or #debian-perl IRC channel. Debian package will always be shipped (uploaded)
by debian developers, so poor quality packages won't make it ;-)

> * i saw that dh command itself it written in babyperl: what's the
>   relations between debian and debian-perl, is there a generic
>   debian-perl todo list ?

Well, dh tools were initially written a long time ago. For instance the first
revision of dh-make-perl was released in 2000. At that time, babyperl was the
norm. I guess nobody stepped up to drastically improve the tools.

debian-perl is strongly related to Debian project. Several members of debian-
perl are debian developers.

Regarding perl modules, the generic todo list is more or less:
http://pet.debian.net/pkg-perl/pet.cgi

Most dh tools are written in perl but maintained outside of our team.

dh-make-perl is maintained by debian-perl team, well mostly by Damian and a
few others. See /usr/share/doc/dh-make-perl/changelog.Debian.gz for details

HTH

Dominique