Re: Shall I create a git.d.o/pkg-perl repo for a started, but then not needed packaging?

Hi gregor,

gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:29:15 +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > So I wonder: Shall I push that packaging to git.d.o/pkg-perl anyway?
> > Or would that cause more confusion than it would help if someone needs
> > that package later?
>
> Besides pkg-perl/packages/, we already have a pkg-perl/attic/ directory
> for git repos of removed packages that might be needed again at some
> later point,

Nice!

> so having something like pkg-perl/prospectice/ (or whatever) might
> be something similar for the kind of packages you have in mind.

Indeed!

> I guess it will be used as little as the repos in attic/ but who
> knows :) At least it doesn't cause any harm except for a little disk
> space. And I have also packages that I've created once where I
> realized later then we don't need them now.

dh-make-perl should check for existing packaging there like it does
with e.g. apt-file! Filed a
wishlist bug report for that: http://bugs.debian.org/702456

> I only would prefer to keep them in a separate directory and not
> under pkg-perl/packages/ to avoid confusion (and automatic updates
> and mass-commits etc.).

That would also help dh-make-perl in checking for such packages.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin