Re: BoF revisited (was: Debian Perl Group and DebC{amp,Conf})

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 03:16:05AM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:

> Just curious: Niko, Dom: Do you already have any schedules? From my
> naïve POV, 5.20 should be released in May, and the freeze will happen
> on the 5th of November, so we might be able to get a current Perl
> version into a stable release ... Does this make sense?

Sure, that makes sense. We haven't discussed any schedules, but based
on previous transitions that should be doable. 5.18 was first released
in May too, and it made it into sid late August.

Plug: Dom has documented the transition process quite nicely at
 https://wiki.debian.org/PerlMaintenance/Perl5MajorUpdateProcess
and there's a "Perl transition coordinator" role that can be separated
from the regular Perl maintenance. If somebody is interested, please
let us know :)
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org