Re: Some mass-commits ahead / Uploads of packages which haven't been uploaded for a long time

Hi,

I wrote on Mon, 2 Sep 2013 08:41:30 +0200:
> while working on some not so often uploaded packages like
> libdatetime-format-mysql-perl and libtokyocabinet-perl I noticed that
> I'm doing often the same work.
>
> Some things which should be fixed in many (at least in one case I
> checked and it affects > 1000 of our packages) are the following
> lintian warnings:
>
> * wiki-copyright-format-uri
> * copyright-refers-to-symlink-license
> * obsolete-field-in-dep5-copyright
>
> I intend to fix them in all (or at least most) affected packages via
> mass-commits (using mr and regexp stuff).

Mass-commit happened last night, the final "mr -j4 push" took from
1:43 UTC to 2:45 UTC.

Due to some unexpected whitespace changes of "cme fix dpkg-copyright"
(which was a great help though! Thanks dod!), the review took longer
than expected, but also could be automated partially. Nevertheless the
review itself took several hours.

That's also the reason why I haven't touched
copyright-refers-to-symlink-license yet. I'll look into that at some
other day.

While trying to fix those unexpected whitespace changes I also
accidentially fixed trailing whitespace issues where others committed
them beforehand as I fixed them in _all_ our packages. Result was that
I also pushed quite some pure whitespace fixes (hopefully all with
proper commit messages :-). I didn't add changelog entries for these
commits. (Actually I removed them semi-automatically with "git commit
--amend" before pushing. I hope I caught all of these cases.)

A nice side-effect of reviewing those whitespace changes and their
fixes was that I found a few packages with present but empty
"Copyright" or "License" field. Those I found are fixed now, too, in
separate (and manual :-) commits.

Another thing which I noticed during the review were some glitches in
cme's handling of (especially syntactically) not-so-perfect copyright
files. Since two of them may cause unintended data loss, I filed
according bug reports:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=libconfig-model-dpkg-perl&sev-inc=grave

(Feel free to downgrade their severity in case we don't want to care
about only-close-to-syntactically-correct debian/copyright files. I
though think these two issues can be handled like an older version of
the standard as it's obvious what is meant.)

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin