Re: Status of libcrypt-cracklib-perl?

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 16:50:06 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> > >  * According to Makefile.PL, the license is 'perl'. This is not
> > >  reflected in d/copyright.
> > I thought Artistic License is ment by 'perl' in Makefile.PL
> I think 'perl' means 'Same term as perl', and perl's licensing is
> explained in http://dev.perl.org/licenses/

Cf. also the table at
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/#license-specification

| Perl | Perl license (use "GPL-1+ or Artistic-1" instead). |

Or
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/copyright-file-lacks-pointer-to-perl-license.html
"If your package is released under the same terms as Perl itself, it
should refer to the Artistic and GPL license files in the
/usr/share/common-licenses directory."

So "Artistic or GPL-1+" it is.

   `-   BOFH excuse #148:  Insert coin for new game