Re: Fwd: Re: Sponsering libsort-key-top-perl - and mentoring for Shen?

Dear DebianPerlGroup team!

I am Laszlo Kajan 'lkajan-guest' - Debian Maintainer. Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> - our DD friend and advisor from the Debian Med team -
recommended that we (myself and Shen Wei 'uheeschen-guest') contact you and ask to join the team.

We work closely together with the Debian Med team as I work at the Bioinformatics Chair at the Technical University of Munich and we share
interests.

I have contributed several packages that I maintain ([2]), some are Perl modules (libai-fann-perl, librg-blast-parser-perl,
libsort-key-top-perl, libzerg-perl).
Shen is a student at our chair, keen on packaging Perl modules he built upon but are not yet in Debian (see his ITPs: [1]), and eventually
packaging his own module.

Our lab runs on Debian, therefore we create Debian packages. When it comes to Perl, we would like to do that within the Perl group rather than
Debian Med as this - we agree with Andreas - feels more natural.

Please include us in the team so that we can commit the Debianization of new Perl modules into your repository.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Laszlo and Shen

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?submitter=weis%40rostlab.org;submitter=weishen1986%40gmail.com