Re: Open tasks: clarification needed

On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 03:23:07PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > * perl 5.12 and 5.14 transitions: "change some (build) dependencies
> >   later (should be done, is there something left?)" --> how can
> >   I check if there is anything left, and know if I can remove this
> >   action point?
>
> This is about the alternative dependencies in the form
> "libFOO-perl (>= x.y) | perl (>= 5.1x)"
> that can be turned around once perl 5.1x enters unstable, as has
> happened for 5.12 und 5.14.
> So this is a simple grep + sed or similar over all our packages and a
> friendly mass-commit.
> (Also kind of recurring, just the versions change)

Does this also includes fixing all the "versioned-dependency-satisfied-by-perl"
lintian warnings? [0]

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/versioned-dependency-satisfied-by-perl.html

> > As a conclusion, perhaps we should reorganize this page by putting
> > aside:
> >   * the tasks that must be done by experienced team members, or
> >     finished by the ones who started it (e.g. all the unclear "is
> >     there something left?" kind of tasks)
> >   * the tasks that can be done by newcomers in the team.
>
> Regorganizing the "Packages/tools" section of the page seems like a
> good idea to me; I'd rather divide it by type of action (like the
> recurring tasks you mentioned above) than by target group. If the
> items become clearer, I think everyone can perform them.

Maybe assigning a priority to the tasks too? Nothing too elaborate, but e.g.
updating packages before the freeze and fixing RC bugs are a bit more urgent
than rewriting packagecheck or forwarding the patches upstream (which can be
done at any time).

Cheers

--
perl -E '$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'