Re: What git repo?

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:48 PM, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> wrote:

> If you run this command, you have a directory ./String-LCSS_XS-1.2 (with
> unpacked source and a debian dir) -- and _this_ directory is your
> shiny new git repo:
>
> $ cd String-LCSS_XS-1.2
> $ ls -a
> .. .git ..

Sorry, I should have been checking for a .git directory.  I thought
that was merely leftover from what was unpacked.

>> I assume I need to find this repo and do a push to it to upload the package?
>
> Yes.
> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html should have all the infos;
> feel free to ask any question on debian-perl@lists.debian.org

Yeah, I'm looking at that, though it's "the "all-in-one" approach"
section didn't really tell me where that stops and I have to start
doing it manually again.

> ../../alioth-git-repo

Yeah, that doesn't do anything at all.  In fact, I can't find a
"alioth-git-repo" command anywhere, nor a package called that.  I
finally did get into the ssh, but only after I realized that I should
have been specifying my username.

Speaking of which, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to force these
newly created git repos (on the local side via dh-make-perl) to use my
Alioth username and not the default one I'm using (root).  Am I
missing some sort of git global config option here?

--
Brendan Byrd <Perl@ResonatorSoft.org>
Brendan Byrd <BBYRD@CPAN.org>