Re: libhtml-wikiconverter-markdown-perl

Hi Jose (cc Debian Perl team),

On 12-03-20 at 12:09am, Jose Luis Rivas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> git clone
> git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/packages/libhtml-wikiconverter-markdown-perl.git
> cd libhtml-wikiconverter-markdown-perl/
> git reset 0aa457a83fb3ea13dd840f8a4f4599052edabc54
>
> You are done. Stop acting like a child. CDBS needed to be changed
> since none of the active people at that time new anything about it.
> Obviously no one knows now, neither, since every new package is
> maintained with dh and since collaboration is what pkg-perl is for,
> then that's what we do: stuff easy for other to collaborate. You
> didn't liked? Great, revert it to how you want it.
>
> pkg-perl took over, not me. If you want it exclusively how you
> maintained and to no one touch it then put yourself as maintainer, not
> a group.
>
> See? Was easier to do this with email, instead of writing anything on
> IRC.

Call me childish all you like, but please discuss this matter in public
in the team we are both working together in.

So you suggest me to throw away the work of others.  I dislike that
approach - which is *exactly* the reason we are having this dialogue:

You evidently are (or was) eager to work on that package, so I simply
inform you that the way you work on it (which I feel is throwing away
work of mine) makes me loose interest in it, and I therefore inform you
that I've pulled out: do with that package as you please.

For the record, here's what I wrote last night (european time) on IRC:

> ghostbar: do what you want with libhtml-wikiconverter-markdown-perl -
> I have lost interest since you ripped the guts out of it

Also for the record, generally if this team feels that my use of CDBS is
hurtful, then just tell me, and I will a) move away those packages I
care strongly about, b) remove myself as uploader for the rest, and c)
leave the team.

Call me childish for not embracing short-form dh.  I will then call you
all childish for not embracing CDBS.  I do prefer a more mature
conversation though.

Regards,

 - Jonas