Re: libmro-compat-perl still necessary?

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:16:34 +0100, Martin Eberhard Schauer wrote:

[directing this to debian-perl@l.d.o since it's not directly related
to the original bug]

> >>apt-cache rdepends libmro-compat-perl
> >Right, my question was more _why_ those reverse dependencies still
> >exist :)
> >But I guess these are upstream requirements, so meh ...
> To possibly get rid of libmro-compat-perl:
> Somebody (me) would have to determine whether the (sid/wheezy)
> rdepends really still need this package?
> And do a mass bug filing afterward?

Salvatore grepped a bit yesterday, and there are still quite a few
modules with "use MRO::Compat;".

Getting this changed upstream is rather unlikely, since many CPAN
authors want to support older perl versions, and I doubt it's worth
the effort to carry patches in Debian for all of them ...

   `-   NP: Didier Squiban: Ar Baradoz