Re: new package for Math::CDF

On 08/29/2012 01:36 PM, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> currently I am working on a package for the Debian Med group. As it
> complains about a missing perl package (Math::CDF), I created one using
> dh-make-perl.
>
> Is there anything I need to consider before uploading it? Unfortunately
> it contains some algorithm from a publication in an ACM journal
> (Association for Computing Machinery), so it has to go to non-free.

have you considered contacting the author of the algorithm to see if
they'd be willing to relicense it?  Sometimes, just explaining the
situation briefly and outlining a simple step they can take to free
their work is all that's needed (other times, it's more complicated, of
course).

But at the least having the conversation would be useful.

Thanks for doing the packaging work,

	--dkg