libnet-ssh2-perl Build-Depends on libssl-dev

libnet-ssh2-perl in Ubuntu has a Build-Dep on libssl-dev, otherwise
the package FTBFS. In Debian we don't have this.

Nathan Handler and me have been thinking about adding the build
dependency in Debian too, and we are a bit mystified. Nathan has also
contacted Ilya Barygin who did the change in Ubuntu; and at the
moment the three of us are all seeing the same without really
understanding it.

The situation is:

- In sid, without libssl-dev, we get
  Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lssl
  Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lcrypto
  -lssl and -lcrypto are not passed to the linker call, and the
  package doesn't depend in libssl afterwards.
- If I add libssl-dev, the warnings disappear, the linker flags are
  added, and we get a binary dependency on libssl.
- In quantal, without libssl-dev, there's no warning, the linker
  flags are added, and BOOM.
- With libssl-dev: no warnings, linker flags added, build succeeds,
  and: no dependency on libssl afterwards?!

Additional points: README and Makefile.PL say "libssh2 requires
OpenSSL" vs. "you may also need OpenSSL"; also not very helpful.

Ansgar's guess on IRC: "Ubuntu uses --as-needed. Maybe that's the
reason?"

Anyway, it might be good to know if we need libssl-dev in Debian too,
and it might help to understand what's going on here :)

   `-   NP: Status Quo: In The Army Now