Re: Plans for Catalyst in Wheezy

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 17:16:32 +0200, intrigeri wrote:

> I'm back and wanting to get this sorted out (or postponed for
> Jessie) ASAP.

\o/

(Postponing is not a good idea since we have existing RC bugs :))

> > Please review and comment my email draft to the release team:
> > http://paste.debian.net/180093/. debdiffs are attached.
> I'd like to be sure that at least 2 other group members have reviewed
> it and agree, before sending this (complex) request to the
> release team.

Just some minor remarks:

In general the release team prefers bug reports over mails to
debian-release@ (easier to track), but in this case, since it's not a
concrete request yet, the mailing list might indeed be better.

In the list of bugs you can add #683656 which appeared in the
meantime (nothing new, fortunately). [lines 8/9]

"is thus granted" -> "was ..." (that's expired now) [line 41]

"erroneous harmful Conflicts/Provides/Replaces" -> #683656  [lines
44/45]

"cannot migrate with its automatically granted freeze exception " ->
obsolete [line 88] but the part about the huge diff is true :/

"Please find, attached, a preliminary debdiff's" [96], this should
probably be the diff from 5.90012-1 to 5.90015-1

In general this draft looks very good to me.

Maybe we can make the release team's lives easier by also providing
"trimmed down" debdiffs, i.e. ones that show only the code changes
without changelogs/tests/M::I/version number noise etc?

Thanks for picking up this mess!

   `-   NP: Van Morrison: someone like you